1. There is NO SUCH THING as thin privilege. Stop being so damn delusional.
2. Obesity is unhealthy, there’s no denying it. It has no health benefits. Hell, why don’t we also have a smokers movement, a meth movement, a binge drinking movement? Do those sound stupid? Good. Because your obesity movement is just as fucking bad - it glorifies bad behavior and poor health choices.
3. A lot of these people assume there’s no discrimination toward skinny people. Let me guess, you say there’s no sexism towards men and no racism toward white people as well. Stop trying to make yourself out to be some sad, oppressed minority. Your lifestyle is your choice - nobody is FORCING you to sit on the couch all day eating shit. Nobody is FORCING you to scoff that Big Mac. You are your own undoing. You were not born fat - you made yourself that way through your bad choices.
4. Even though being obese doesn’t CAUSE illnesses such as diabetes, heart attacks, high blood pressure etc, it sure as hell is a massive contributing factor. I mean why would you want to put your body through all of that stress anyway? Your joints have extra weight on them that shouldn’t be there and your organs have to work so much harder to make your fat ass survive.
5. It seems as if the people who are part of this movement have serious trouble taking responsibility for their actions, always blaming it on some thyroid problem or binge eating. Guess what? I have a thyroid condition and so-called “fat genes” from not one, but BOTH of my parents - but that doesn’t stop me from WORKING OUT every day and WATCHING WHAT I FUCKING PUT ON MY PLATE. Stop making excuses and being so infantile - it’ll stop anyone taking you seriously.
6. What the fuck are you even proud of? Overeating? Being blatantly ignorant and immature? There’s literally NOTHING to be proud of in this movement. You haven’t improved the quality of life for anyone and actually decreased it if anything, you haven’t invented anything that could change the world for the better and you haven’t cured cancer, though your righteous and uppity behavior makes you think you have. Get real.
7. Stop using Monroe as an inspiration. Firstly, sizes have changed since then, so a 14 back then isn’t a 14 now. At her HEAVIEST, she was 140 pounds. The AVERAGE woman is 166. Her waist measurement was 23 inches, and the average woman’s is 37.5 inches. She was never fat, so stop using her as some goddess scapegoat to make you feel better about yourself. Monroe actually worked out to stay looking good - if you wanted to be anything like her, maybe you could do the same?
8. I know you’ve probably heard this a lot already, but CURVES ≠ FAT ROLLS. Curvy is having voluptuous assets such as the breasts and bottom, having lean legs and a flat tummy. The only kinds of curves these girls have are their rolls. Cover that shit up.
9. Your “movement” is self destructive. All you do is damage yourself and then not only refuse to be responsible for it but on top of that, you try to blame others around you for it. Remember how I said you were infantile? Going around and hurting yourself on purpose and then saying you aren’t is ridiculous.
10. How can you be comfortable moving around? Seriously, getting out of bed would be a constant struggle, putting your clothes on every day would be strenuous, taking care of kids would be difficult, and in some cases you can’t even reach your ass to wipe it, for goodness’ sake! Imagine if you’re at the shops, buying your burgers, Mountain Dew and 12 chocolate blocks, and your roll out of Walmart on your motorised wheelchair, only to see that someone has parked their car a little bit close to yours - if you were healthy and thin, you’d just slip in - no mess, no fuss, no damage. BUT because of your weight, you’re so damn wide you can’t even fit in.
11. “I’d go to a gym, but all of the people there are so thin! I’d never fit in!” Um, do you ever think about WHY we’re thin, healthy, muscular, etc? Because instead of getting home every day and plopping our asses down on the couch and eating shit for hours, we go to the gym and sweat and work and push for our goals instead. If anything, when we see a large person at the gym, we respect them so so much - it is always awesome to see someone turning their life around for the better instead of flopping their gut out on tumblr and shoving FAT PRIDE down your throat.
12. On fat girl tumblrs, I always see them being like “Omg guize i’m so proud of my body, anyone who says otherwise is a stupid, narrow-minded pig, omg i’m so beautifullll, look at mah ass.” and then they post photos of male models and shirtless actors, drooling over them. Firstly, you shouldn’t be drooling over anything at your weight. Secondly, you must be so fucking delusional to think a guy who looks like that would want you. THEY take care of their bodies, so naturally, they’d want a woman who takes care of hers, works out, looks good etc. Looking like Jabba isn’t sending that message across. Instead, it sends out the message of being lazy, careless and irresponsible.
You’re killing yourselves guys. All just to get back at people. Is it worth it to cut off years off of spending time with loved ones and doing what you love just to give a big “FUCK YOU!” to the world?