So, let me see if I have this right. To succeed in today’s world by being an intelligent atheist, you must:
- not like religious people “forcing” ther beliefs down your throat, but then shove science down people’s throats.
- sit in a science classroom and accept everything your teacher says because it’s science, but turn around and mock people who sit in a Church and accept what the priest says because it is the word of God.
- condemn the Bible for being outdated when there are plenty of scientific journals and textbooks which now have outdated methods and ideas.
- make demeaning comments about both “slutty” women and religious people who like to dress modestly.
- not believe in Jesus or Yule but still celebrate Christmas to reap the benefits.
- basically write a negative review of the Bible even though you’ve never read more than a few lines of it.
- refuse to surround yourself with religious people and then also laugh about religious people who don’t like hanging out with atheists.
- aggressively quote the Bible verses about how women should submit themselves to their husbands and ignore the verses where men are commanded to fully respect, support and love their wives.
- make fun of religious people who start quoting the Bible when you talk about evolution, but then start quoting Darwin and Einstein when they talk about creationalism.
and my personal favourite:
- claim that atheism is better than Christianity because it believes in morals and doing good, when that is the main teaching of Jesus.
Did I get everything? Ok great.